Sunday

My Mother and I Like The Same Music - Raphael Saadiq & "New" Old Sounds

Was on a Saturday afternoon stroll/breakfast/shopping with a friend, we walked into a store and I didn't want to leave cuz of the music they had going. I felt transported to another era by the sounds of late 60's Motown/early 70's soul. It was Raphael Saadiq's 2008 album The Way I See It. I had heard it was good, but had yet to take a listen. The former Tony! Toni! Toné! frontman is bringing back sounds from decades ago. The first person I recommended the album to -- my mother!! Seriously, she loves Motown and is the reason I know/love the stuff.

100 Yard Dash

I like.


All this talkin about new, old and Raphael Saadiq got me thinking about High School/CEGEP. Precious, a little Lucy Pearl just for you.

No comments: